Pahang Art Museum, Kuantan
The State Government of Pahang, through its 35th-State Council Meeting on the 16th of October 1996 had agreed to have the Board of the Pahang State Museum refurbish the former Kuantan District Office JKR No.K130 to become the Muzium Tokoh Negeri Pahang (Museum of Personages). The building, which was fully renovated on the 24th of February 1999, was built in 1910 during British Rule and was used as a the Kuantan District Office. The Muzium Tokoh Negeri Pahang comprises of seven galleries namely the Political Personages gallery, the Cultural Personages gallery, the Religious Personages gallery, the Sportsmen gallery, the Warriors gallery and the Prime gallery (Prime Minister). It was officially opened by oleh Kebawah Duli Yang Maha Mulia Sultan Pahang Sultan Haji Ahmad Shah Al Musta’in Billah Ibni Al Marhum Sultan Abu Bakar Ri’ayatuddin Al Mu’adzam Shah on 20th October 2000. In early September of 2010, the Pahang State Museum further remodelled the existing building of the Muzium Tokoh Negeri Pahang on Jalan Masjid Kuantan in order to turn it into the Pahang Art Museum. The difference between this museum and the already established Pahang Art Gallery is that this museum will highlight artworks from both Pahang artists specifically and Malaysia generally from a variety of disciplines like paintings, sculptures, photography, video shoots, films and the performing arts. The latter will serve as the museum’s main exhibition.